What happens when the window freezes up

Sedgy

Right folks, as im going to be using my boxster over the winter months i've been thinking about the Auto window drop???

When you unlock the boxsters and open the doors the windows drop down slightly so as not to catch the roof. But in winter what happens when the car windows are frosted up?

Doesnt it affect the motor mechanisms when ( with the window been frozen up ) the window doesnt drop?

What do u do???

My experience with a 986 Boxster and a gen 2 Cayman is in heavy frost/ice/snow, it does distrupt the auto drop and either stops it or acts as  resistance to it. I make sure I spray some de-icer on the top of the window.  Sometimes it means I pull the door open without the drop happening if I'm in a rush and it wobbles a bit.  The glass seems strong and I've had no actual damage but it is definately something to be careful with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing I ever bought for this was a window cover. Like car covers but just for the Windows and roof (well, the Mrs bought it for me actually, what a great idea it was too!). Removes this problem completely. I just took it off in the morning, chucked it in the bath to melt / defrost, and the Boxster was ready to go.

Well worth investing in, if your car lives outside.

Archived