987.1 service

andygo

My Boxster 987.1 is coming up for 90,000 miles and the service indicater is telling me I need a service in 800 miles.

Since i have had it i have done nearly 20,000 miles, so as it had a minor service when i first got it 15 months ago that sounds about right. It also had a brake fluid change at that time as well.

Since then I have done lots of work to it myself as well as a recent clutch change. It's had 4 oil changes, new coolant as I changed the radiator crossover pipes and hoses, new aircon rads as well as coffin arms and tuning forks, wipers new PCCb pads, its first set at 68k. Its also had a Hunter 4 wheel alignment. Its just had an oil change 3,000 miles ago in August, before I went on holiday to France. I use Millers Nanotech 5w 30 oil at £60 for 5 litres, and which Hartech insist you use if you have an engine rebuilt by them. I'm loath to have £100+ of oil thrown away to be substituted by a lesser lubricant.

Looking at the service schedule in the handbook, I'm not sure what I am getting as I have far exceeded any service requirements mentioned there.

How do I turn the service indicator off as I'm not sure I really need to pay £400 for not a lot really and at the miles the car has done, its condition (It's mint) that sells not service I would have thought and anyway I have a pile of receipts an inch thick showing parts fitted etc.

Archived