Stone chip protection

Boxstercol

I've got a bit of stone damage on the leading edge of the front wheelarches & also behind the wheels on the rear bumper. Nothing too serious & absolutely no corrosion like I've seen on some cars.

Was browsing eBay & came across these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Cayman-987-987c-clear-ARCH-EDGE-Stone-chip-guard-Protection-kit-/131958005765?hash=item1eb94f6005:g:g6AAAOSwYIxX8Vl4

Obviously the clear film won't cover the exsting chipping, but after corresponding with the seller, he can provide in a slight textured black film which might be better considering my Boxster is Atlas Grey.

Anyone have any experience of these?

Cheers.

I have used the e-tech that Stuart is watching. OK if used in small strips or patches but it does peel back at the edges after a while. I have re-applied it twice to the bottom of the arches behind each wheel.

I ordered the black E-Tech stuff off Amazon last night, £11.99 delivered for the 3m roll. They had a smaller pack for £7.99 but knowing my luck I'd make a balls up of cutting it so played safe with the larger roll.

Worth a try at that price, plus should have enough to replace it every year if necessary. Will make up some templates of the areas with paper & have a go at making my own stone chip guards.

I used a clear 3M type film on the leading edge of the front wheel arches to try and prevent any further chipping. Made a template and applied the film and all was well for a few weeks until it started lifting at the inner edge and trapping moisture. Figured it wasn't worth the benefit so peeled it off.

• 6 months later...

Archived