New car, searching out the gremlins

Jimmymack

As said washer leak could be headlight washers.  If car is garaged you may see a damp patch at front after refilling - scared me the first time that rads had gone :rolleyes:  For whatever reason they are £130 notes a side - easy to change but.....   Don't think anyone has found a way of fettling a leaking one.  I've triad all sorts of stuff wrapped round one, but still a leak!!.  Whatever you do don't buy a second hand one off eBay as it will in all probability start leaking fairly soon!  Daft thing is it will be a seal or o ring in it that probably costs pence if only there was a way to open the thing up.  (Note to self - winter project on the 2 old ones in the garage).

Re the coolant smell, just check you have the latest coolant expansion cap fitted, only cost a few quid and can cause issues  if not latest, though any leakage smell may not get through to the cabin, so may not be your issue.

@C11RJC @IanG1 I have received mine today as well, but am a bit disappointed in the sound quality, played some track through bluetooth, but the highs are crackling. The lows and mids are alright, but the quality of the sound is nowhere near what I expected from it. Are you guys experiencing the same issues? 

4 minutes ago, IanG1 said:

Have you tried retuning to another frequency instead of the default 108mhz

Sorry, forgot to mention, yes I did, but nothing changed. Is your sound quality better?

I've put my music on to a micro sd card which slots into the right hand side. Seems ok. A bit of interference in between tracks but not bad at all. I haven't played around with alternative frequencies just yet  

I did try the Bluetooth and seemed ok, but thought the memory card option would reduce potential loss of quality using via Bluetooth. 

For me, in terms of value for money, I think it's definitely up there. 

Folks I'd suggest you start a separate thread in ICE for the merits or not of that transmitter - that way others can learn about it too, and it keeps this running report on track :)

13 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Folks I'd suggest you start a separate thread in ICE for the merits or not of that transmitter - that way others can learn about it too, and it keeps this running report on track :)

Can the Admins/Mods move the relevant posts into a separate thread please?

Archived