Which Indoor cover?

M8ODM

We are looking for an indoor cover for our 986 what to people recommend?

we have to leave our hood down when stored as our garage is so narrow I can't get out of the car with it up as the door won't open far enough 

The hood is down when a hard top is fitted so no reason to assume it's bad for the hood to have the hood down for long periods.  Better to put the hood down than damage the door when getting out!

Would you believe ALDI have car covers at the moment for £9.95p although they are classed as outdoor covers I would happily use one for indoors (no chance of wind chaff) as I bought one just to see what it was like and it appears to be a pretty good cover, worth a punt.........for indoors.

I like the Metex indoor covers......  they are'nt fitted or elasticated but are a black purpose cut sheet of a fine breathable indoor cover material which drapes really nicely over the specific model you ask them for. They're around 60 / 70 quid if my memory serves me right and for an extra tenner they put a decent sized logo of your choice in the bonnet area.

The Boxster one might have been a bit dearer as its obviously larger than your MX5's etc

http://www.cardustcovers.co.uk/car_covers/

.... and not being elasticated they are really easy to put on, looking a bit like a "reveal" cover

Mike

Archived