Stoplock pro steering wheel lock does it fit?

martyn

Hi all,

A friend has just had his BMW X5 stolen off his drive, the police have said that it's down to tech savvy thieves who, armed with the appropriate software can bypass the car locking and immobilizing equipment. So, thinking ahead to when I collect my 981, I need a good old fashioned physical wheel locking bar, done a bit of online detective work and have come up with the Stoplock Pro, which, apparently is one of the very best anti-theft steering wheel locks.

Conversely, is the Porsche locking/immobilising equipment superior to the BMW's and it's not necessary?

Does anyone have one of these for their 981, as the manufacturers blurb states that it's not suitable for every model car! 

I don't want to buy it and it doesn't fit.

Thanks in anticipation. M

I always wonder about this

when I was a kid the Clifford blackjack systems were all the rage, where it cuts the engine off after a few hundred metres so they are too far away to shoot you when the car brakes down and they have to leg it. It was a great answer to carjackings

Nowerdays I block my 2 nice cars on my drive with my Ford Focus and hope for the best.  

these looks like they will be useful tho -

https://www.thetrackr.com/

getting one for each of the cars.... and dogs

13 hours ago, Rufus said:

Nowadays I block my 2 nice cars on my drive with my Ford Focus and hope for the best.  

You're praying that the Focus goes? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a stop lock pro today luckily from Argos as it will have to go back. Big struggle to fit it on multi function wheel, potential for scuffed leather as well.?

Archived