Discs and Pads - Boxster Gen2 987

bluenote909

Hi all,

My Boxster 2.9 is not far off needing a new set of discs and pads on the front. I'm just weighing up the parts and the OPC want about £145 a corner for the discs and their pads are over £120. I'm not a tight bloke but I hate wasting money. As we all know many Porsche parts are merely relabelled and exactly the same as named brands. So Eurocar parts have Pagid discs on offer for the 2.9 model at £90 a corner. Pagid I have always thought had a good name. Brembo £78,sebro £138 too. 

Just wondered what peoples experiences are with these brands and if they have had any issues before I move forward on them? Particularly brake squeal.

Additionally what brand did Porsche originally fit I wonder......

Thank you any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul 

2 hours ago, bluenote909 said:

My Boxster 2.9 is not far off needing a new set of discs and pads on the front. I'm just weighing up the parts and the OPC want about £145 a corner for the discs and their pads are over £120. I'm not a tight bloke but I hate wasting money.

Am I wrong to think that's a good price? :unsure:  Having had cars with discs twice as expensive with similar pad prices, I think Porsches are a bargain.

ive just changed all 4 corners with new discs and pads on my 986 s.this cost me less than £250 all in

autosessive had a 50% offer on brakes so i picked up 2 rear discs for £60.these are made by delphi and are unpainted.pads are mintex.

on the front i used all brembo parts from ECP.

the discs are painted.the pads are actually made by texstar and have indentical stamp and part numbers from the texstar pads i replaced.

ive worked in many garages and most will use suppliers like ECP and GSF,and really any of the parts sold by these companies will do a good job.

a while back i saw sebro discs on sale for around £60 each(fronts)on ebay by a well known seller but that price went up after a while ,so keep an eye out for bargains.

at the end of the day car companys dont make pads or discs or a whole load of other parts,neither do they have access to a secret supply of parts.

Archived