Gear Knobs + Prices

Jackal81

8 minutes ago, cj225 said:

Already watching them but thanks for the heads up, I'm also thinking of just having the centres of mine retrimmed. Unless some on here has the cloth seats and wants to swap...

(sorry for the thread derail)

Anyone taken a Tiptronic one off/apart?  The silver is worn and it it would look better if repainted.  not yet investigated how it comes apart.

15 hours ago, cj225 said:

Can say the same about leather seats, but no one is clamouring for cloth! ;)

It was actually quite nice and cool in the summer.  Aluminium doesn't really attract heat as much as other metals - I'm pretty sure this is the logic behind having aluminium foil behind a radiator?

From experience so far, I'd say the leather butt plug was worse.

When I had the factory techquipment aluminum knob in my car, during the summer, under the sun it got VERY hot...almost darned near burned my palm. :)  You sure that's not aluma-look? If not under the sun directly, it's fine though. I think your set up looks nice personally, but just that the gaiter (boot) doesn't look right against the factory shaft. As it is, it looks like a butt. LOL. There needs to be a clip or something fitted underneath the leather gaiter to fit snug against the shaft so that it looks more finished. Just my humble opinion.

Archived