Heater Help

big mike

Don't apologise, we were all in the same place as you once. :)

The heaters are usually very good.  You could have an airlock in the system.  Have you tried bleeding the system using the screw on the neck of the expansion tank?

19 minutes ago, big mike said:

I apologise in advance as I will have a few questions to ask in my goal to make the car perfect,

The heater motor in the car works but only at a warmish temperature,plenty air coming out but it's cold,

Just to confirm, as we are all of different backgrounds and interests - the heaters from the blower are part of the engine cooling system.   The heaters won't blow out any air if the engine isn't warm.

I assume you bought the 2.5 from Brunei?

With that in mind, can you confirm if the car is up to temp when you try this?   Also, what setting/temp do you have showing on the climate control unit?  (assuming you have climate and not manual heating knobs/dials).

Cheers lads,

yes I bought the imported one, 

engine temp was sitting around 80 or in the middle of the temp gauge ,not sure if that's where it should be or not(engine was warm),

i haven't run it other than the drive home which was an hour but as first post,the air coming out was Luke warm at most 

2 hours ago, big mike said:

Cheers lads,

yes I bought the imported one, 

engine temp was sitting around 80 or in the middle of the temp gauge ,not sure if that's where it should be or not(engine was warm),

i haven't run it other than the drive home which was an hour but as first post,the air coming out was Luke warm at most 

Just to confirm, do you have climate and, if so, have you adjusted the temp on the display? 

either there is no hot water getting to the heater matrix(blockage/restriction/air lock etc) or the heat from the matrix is not flowing through into the car.

your water temps look good and the hi setting is the hottest.

Archived