981 Option Codes

Daniel Joseph

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but I cannot find it.  

How would I go about finding the codes for the options fitted to my 981?  They don't seem to be recorded in the service book.  Is it possible to get these using the VIN?  Once I have them, how do I decipher them?

I'm sure someone knows the answers,  so thanks in advance.

There should be a separate print out with the paperwork when the car was delivered new. Is there a sticker on the inside cover of the service book?

I will check mine tonight and report back.

Option decoder link here:

http://www.kindel.com/porsche/options/options.asp

or complete list here:

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/boxster-981/

Hi @Ringer250.  Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.  

Unfortunately, I bought the car as a Porsche Approved Used vehicle and the printout you mention is not amongst the papers I was given at handover.  I could chase the OPC but it's not that important as I have a pretty good idea already and just wanted to confirm.  

I suppose I could e-mail Porsche UK with the VIN number and ask them to supply a copy of the missing document.

If your a member of Porsche club uk they offer a service where they send you a certificate of your build detailing all the options and spec of the car that was built.  It's 80 quid a year but you also get 10 percent off OPC servicing and parts etc so works out pretty cheap if your cars due for a service in the next year. Apparently if your not a member and want the certificate of build its 60 quid to get it ( not sure how true that is tho )

i joined simply because I was having GTS lights fitted and an oil change and the ten percent off worked out at 90 quid vs the 80 quid joining fee. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I could chase the OPC but it's not that important as I have a pretty good idea already and just wanted to confirm.  

I suppose I could e-mail Porsche UK with the VIN number and ask them to supply a copy of the missing document.

It's not usually much of a chase.  One e-mail and I received the build spec and dates of all times the car had been back to any OPC, including when it was re-sold by them. :)

1 minute ago, Araf said:

It's not usually much of a chase.  One e-mail and I received the build spec and dates of all times the car had been back to any OPC, including when it was re-sold by them. :)

Thanks, @Araf. That's good to know.  I'll fire off an e-mail shortly.

13 minutes ago, Rufus said:

If your a member of Porsche club uk they offer a service where they send you a certificate of your build detailing all the options and spec of the car that was built.  It's 80 quid a year but you also get 10 percent off OPC servicing and parts etc so works out pretty cheap if your cars due for a service in the next year. Apparently if your not a member and want the certificate of build its 60 quid to get it ( not sure how true that is tho )

i joined simply because I was having GTS lights fitted and an oil change and the ten percent off worked out at 90 quid vs the 80 quid joining fee. 

Thanks also, @Rufus.  The car has just had its first service and, given my low mileage, the next won't be due for a couple of years (although I'll probably do an oil change in the interim).  Good info regarding Porsche Club UK though, for the future.

Just now, Daniel Joseph said:

Thanks, @Araf. That's good to know.  I'll fire off an e-mail shortly.

That's direct with the dealer.  The service dept did mine. :) 

I had to supply a PDK copy of my V5 to prove ownership  (It doesn't, of course!) but Porsche UK came up trumps with the list of options, without any codes to decipher:

• PDK Transmission (Por­sche Doppelkupplung)
  • Adjust Seat Heating, ­Front (Left and Right­)
  • 19" Boxster Wheels­
  • Wheel Hub Cover, Full­ Colour Porsche Crest
  • No Model Designation ­on Rear
  • Roll -Over Bar in Ext­erior Colour
  • Manual Wind Deflector
  • Electronic Air Condit­ioning (High)
  • Mobile Phone Prep - B­luetooth without Cons­ole
  • Parkassist (Front and­ Rear)
  • Door Mirror Electric ­- Retractable
  • Sports Steering Wheel­ (PDK With Paddles)
  • Leather Package­
  • Audio System CDR Plus­ including Sound Pack­age Plus
  • Sports Tailpipes 98X­
  • Tail lights - Darkene­d

Wonder what that little lot cost a couple of years ago?

Prices based on an underlying  2.7 model, about a year ago - so might have been slightly different when yours was new:

50 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I had to supply a PDK copy of my V5 to prove ownership  (It doesn't, of course!) but Porsche UK came up trumps with the list of options, without any codes to decipher:

• PDK Transmission (Por­sche Doppelkupplung) £1,922
  • Adjust Seat Heating, ­Front (Left and Right­) £284
  • 19" Boxster Wheels­ £971 (Boxster S wheels in fact) 
  • Wheel Hub Cover, Full­ Colour Porsche Crest £110
  • No Model Designation ­on Rear Free
  • Roll -Over Bar in Ext­erior Colour £344
  • Manual Wind Deflector £182
  • Electronic Air Condit­ioning (High)  £518 (2-zone automatic aircon)
  • Mobile Phone Prep - B­luetooth without Cons­ole £446
  • Parkassist (Front and­ Rear) £599
  • Door Mirror Electric ­- Retractable £203
  • Sports Steering Wheel­ (PDK With Paddles) £248
  • Leather Package­ £1,011 (depends exactly what package, this price was for 'Standard interior with leather package/partial leather seats' in one of the single-colour versions)
  • Audio System CDR Plus­ including Sound Pack­age Plus £1,052
  • Sports Tailpipes 98X­ £365
  • Tail lights - Darkene­d £320

Wonder what that little lot cost a couple of years ago? Here you go!

Hi @Jon61. Thank you very much for that!  It was a rhetorical question, but nice to know all the same. ?

I don't think the original owner saw much of that back when he sold the car to Porsche after 18 months.  Ouch!  I certainly didn't pay even half that as a premium over a "bog standard" Approved Used car of similar age and mileage. (There are a few "poverty spec" cars around that pop up from time to time.)   Worth considering if you're speccing up a new car that you don't intend to keep for too long.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Hi @Jon61. Thank you very much for that!  It was a rhetorical question, but nice to know all the same. ?

You're welcome. It makes it just slightly less pointless that I obsessively collected such information if I can regurgitate some of it now and then :)

Archived