Gen 2 987

bandit_287

2010 Gen 2 2.9 and three years of ownership and 20,000 miles, 39,000 miles now on the clock. Just had a service and MOT, no advisories in any MOT it's had including today's. No issues with the car in its time, all it's had is a set of tyres and a set of wiper blades. I get it serviced annually instead of the recommended two years  

Technician said it's solid and nothing wrong with it at all and nothing looks like it's going to need replacing soon, even the brakes are fine and still have plenty of meat on them. 

They're pretty well built these things. 

7 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

I was very tempted to part exchange it for a 981 but looking at the figures I'm going to have to throw a good 18k at one plus my car to get something I'd be happy with. It's a lot of money to upgrade. 

But sooooooooooooo worth it ;)

58 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

I was very tempted to part exchange it for a 981 but looking at the figures I'm going to have to throw a good 18k at one plus my car to get something I'd be happy with. It's a lot of money to upgrade. 

I plumped for the Gen2 over the 981.  My personal view is that newer cars from all manufacturers are encroaching on the driving experience with their 'aids' and I don't want that.  I know it makes me a hypocrite as I'm happy to have PSM, ABS, etc on the 987 - but that's quite far enough for me.

I'm really not so sure. The 981 is a lovely car, I very nearly bought a brand new Black edition last year but the figures just didn't add up for me. 18k or thereabouts is a lot of cash to put together to get a 981. I could do it financially, but I'd have that for a year or so then start looking at 718's and they're even more money. 

I think the 981 is better looking, and agree there's quite a hop in prices - maybe due to people not being sure of the new 4cyl engines?

Why not stay with the Gen2 for another year and then look at 718s?

Archived