718 Cayman base delivery timescales

Rufus

Hi all

after having a bright yellow 718 Cayman for the week I've decided to order one,

however I've been informed that deliveries are now scheduled for September ( I.e 9 or 10 month wait ) due to them being assembled at a different factory as of last week

has anyone ordered a base Cayman and been quoted a particular time scale this week or last ??

im in a boxster 918 so I'm quiet happy to use it till the end of next summer and then swap over, it gives me plenty of time to choose options etc, however I've noticed another thread on here where they have been quoted a march delivery ?? The difference seems a little extreme

so anyone had experience in the last few weeks of ordering 

cheers

If you own a 918 why on earth would you want a cayman ;)

You could buy 10 or 12 caymans for the price of your 918 :laugh:

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer/ipl/details/details.ipl?cid=1

As has been said, ring around other dealers, to see if they have a slot that you can have.  If they don't fill their quota, then they build them for the showroom.  Once their slots are taken within a quarter, they will only take orders on the Stuttgart waiting list.

6 minutes ago, Araf said:

As has been said, ring around other dealers, to see if they have a slot that you can have.  If they don't fill their quota, then they build them for the showroom.  Once their slots are taken within a quarter, they will only take orders on the Stuttgart waiting list.

Ahh this is the answer I was looking for

so basically if I find a dealer that has slots available I can still choose whatever spec and colour I want ?? 

Is the timescale I've been quoted normal for a dealer that is ordering on the waiting list ??

cheers Araf much appreciated 

16 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

I was me quoting a March delivery. That's for a base Boxster, to my spec.

As I understand it, it is, to an extent, dealer dependent. Mine (Reading) had two Boxster slots for Feb build, and I've taken one of them!

Yes it was your thread that made me feel my timescales were a bit long, not used to this whole waiting list and delivery slot business with cars.  Always had BMW s where they give you 20 percent off and deliver in a few weeks ?.  

Cheers for the reply mate, yours sounds like a cracker, bet you can't wait

12 minutes ago, Rufus said:

so basically if I find a dealer that has slots available I can still choose whatever spec and colour I want ?? 

Yes, if you're looking for 4-5 months.  If you were looking for a car in less then you may only be able to tweak a spec that has already been pushed through.

TBH, dealers don't get specifications wrong, but they may add expensive options that wouldn't otherwise be chosen, so you'd pay a premium for a car that would be coming sooner.

26 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

Don't forget the road tax change in April next year. Adds around £315 a year for the first six years.

So, might be worth taking an option you wouldn't have specced if there's a car available that has what you *do* want.

Holy shyate never thought about that, that's a huge difference, Researching it now, cheers mate

Archived