Anyone upgraded roll/sway bars, strut brace?

Fish19700

Guys, having come from a lowered Cayman S, I'm missing some of the 'plantedness'. My 987 is PASM equipped, however I'm wondering if I stick on some H&R bars, perhaps a strut brace, if I may address what is more of a 'floaty' ride that I experience in the Boxster. Lowering springs also an option. Opinions?

I was going to suggest H&R roll bars and -30mm springs all round, followed by a proper fast road geo set up by somebody who knows their pork. Seems you've already got H&R in mind ? Could also add spacers should you want a wider track and aggressive stance. 

I have M030 roll bars and suspension (Bilstein sport optional extra) with 9 & 20mm spacers front to back.

27 minutes ago, Fish19700 said:

Great Jason, I've done the same spacers and just ordered the MO30 H&R spring alternative i.e -10mm. The bars I intend to order later. How does yours handle now? Cheers

In my opinion it feels incredible. The turn in with the spacers is so sensitive and direct. The car came with the M030 full set up and a CG geo, so didn't have a before and after comparison, but it certainly doesn't under steer or roll like the stock 986S' I drove before buying mine. The -10mm drop is great, stylish but very practical and effective. I would like the extra 20mm of the lowering springs, but not worth my hassle/expense really.

I don't think arbs will address a floaty ride. That will be down to springs and dampers. Are the Cayman dampers firmer than the Boxster?

Archived