Wheel arch protection

718as

Its clearly designed for the car and is reasonably thick but I have to ask what could I do with some colour coded vinyl wrap and a pair of scissors as an alternate couple of quid alternate?:huh:

I am probably just tight! :D

17 minutes ago, Toeside said:

......but I have to ask what could I do with some colour coded vinyl wrap and a pair of scissors as an alternate couple of quid alternate?:huh:

Or a roll of clear Fablon from a DIY shop. ;) 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, lordlee said:

Did they tell you which film they use?

No I havent personally used them. I imagine it must just be 3M stuff though. Normally pretty good (have used it on all of my bikes)

I bought the cut to shape side skirt protectors and I plan to also cover the edges of the rear bumper, front wing and front edge of the skirt.

I think for these areas I will just get the generic shape sheets since they don't cover the facings and shape myself.

Any problems when you fitted them? I made a dogs dinner when fitting Porsche ones to my 987 and Ray Northways top man wasnt chuffed to fit the replacement..he had problems too with bubbling but over a week they smoothed out...

Thanks Keith

No it was quite straight forward, googled how they install film and basically tried to copy. I made sure the surface was free from wax etc, then sprayed a little baby shampoo mixed with water on the paint, film and on my fingers and then fitted them along the lines of the panel making sure the surface was always as flat as possible. Then used a card to push the water out to the edges of the film, followed by applying heat lightly to help them set.

When finished I applied some wax over the film and left the car in the garage for 24 hours to cure.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, huytonman said:

I finally ordered a set of rear wing pre-cut film and before fitting them sold the car. If somebody is after a set for a 981s mine would suit and for less than you can get them for on Ebay

cheers Keith

I would welcome them, please. Neil.

Sounds good to me, will get on it. I'm in Tenerife at the moment. Will be back next week.  

neilsunderland1@hotmail.com.     send me you bank details and I'll transfer it across.

2 hours ago, huytonman said:

Tenerife..nicer weather than we have I hope! Its .................... No rush, let me know when you get back so that I know when to post..and your address

cheers Keith

Hi @huytonman  , I hope you don't mind me putting my oar in,  but I would delete this post and private message your bank details to @mneil instead.  Can't be too careful about fraud these days.

13 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Hi @huytonman  , I hope you don't mind me putting my oar in,  but I would delete this post and private message your bank details to @mneil instead.  Can't be too careful about fraud these days.

Agreed, if there is a mod on, this section of the post should be removed for safety!

I've removed the post.

Just to help huytonman, I have given his bank details to a Nigerian diplomat that keeps e-mailing me and needs to transfer $25m out of the country. ^_^ 

27 minutes ago, Araf said:

I've removed the post.

Just to help huytonman, I have given his bank details to a Nigerian diplomat that keeps e-mailing me and needs to transfer $25m out of the country. ^_^ 

Info is still on one more post mate

Archived