Driver's seat repaired too

golfprorich

Job #2 for the Boxster was to get the drivers seat sorted as when you sat in it your left 'cheek' sank right in and it felt like you were on the floor!

I took the seat out and it was clear that the webbing had torn which in turn over time caused the seat foam to split. 

Last week I dropped the seat at SM Trimming near Ringmer and today they called to say it was all done. 

What a fantastic job they've done, repairing the foam and stitching in a replacement webbing. Feels like sitting in a new seat, so chuffed with that. 

Not sure if we're allowed to post links but it was these guys...

http://smtrimming.co.uk/

They're fully booked till August on big jobs but can fit in smaller ones like mine in between :)

8 minutes ago, golfprorich said:

Job #2 for the Boxster was to get the drivers seat sorted as when you sat in it your left 'cheek' sank right in and it felt like you were on the floor!

I took the seat out and it was clear that the webbing had torn which in turn over time caused the seat foam to split. 

Last week I dropped the seat at SM Trimming near Ringmer and today they called to say it was all done. 

What a fantastic job they've done, repairing the foam and stitching in a replacement webbing. Feels like sitting in a new seat, so chuffed with that. 

They're fully booked till August on big jobs but can fit in smaller ones like mine in between :)

You are absolutely allowed to post links!

It's also compulsory to post a picture of the repaired seat :)

3 minutes ago, Southy said:

Unless you've buried your camera in the new seat, it's worth posted :)

I'll stick a camera underneath tomorrow, or may even loosen the front bolts and raise it for a more professional shot :D

2 hours ago, golfprorich said:

As already said, if it's a recommendation that helps others then it's allowed. :)  

If it's your own business, then don't be upset if it's removed, especially when business owners pretend to be satisfied customers. :nonono: 

16 hours ago, golfprorich said:

That's an understandable and fair rule, however it's definitely not my business!

P.S I wasn't suggesting that you thought it was though :)

Enough about that.  Pictures!  There's plenty on here that I suspect have trouble with words. ;) 

On 2/3/2017 at 7:30 PM, golfprorich said:

That's an understandable and fair rule, however it's definitely not my business!

P.S I wasn't suggesting that you thought it was though :)

Sorry, it helps if I don't quickly read what work was done, I thought you had the seat bolster repaired not the base underneath.

Don't worry not expecting you to stand on your head to show us the work done!

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, golfprorich said:

Check the plastic tray that the webbing attaches to as well. That is common to crack.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived