vacuum line from fuel pressure regulator

JohnnyUK

When I removed the pleneum and resonance tubes to clean after a failed as last year, I found one of the heavy rubber sealing "bands" had a hole moulded in it. I have since decided this should have been connected to the fuel regulator. The previous monkey must have taken all 4 off and mixed them up because it was nearest the aos and not by the air filter. I blocked it off to prevent air being sucked in but at the time didn't try and search the other side of the engine for a stray tube! Through the winter the car has run fine all be it with the cel on from time to time. Question is I am getting 27mpg from the S... And could not see a stray tube when I looked(didn't want to take the main tubes off again). Should the 2001 S have a vac controlled regulator? Is the cel on because its now too rich? She passed an omission test for the mot in Dec. You can guess that I am gearing up for another look now spring is on its way!☺

Don't know anything about the tube, but did want to say that 27mpg from a 2001 S is very good, mine averages just under 25 between long range resets, that is with almost no motorway miles though.

Can anyone post a pic of their 2001ish S showing the top of the engine and if a vac pipe enters the top of the resonance tube? It's not to control the resonance flap itself but will disappear down by the air filter and onto the fuel regulator. Most pics on the net are US cars and there are so many different build specs!

Archived