Anyone in Shropshire area know this car ?

Steve Laming

Seems to have missed some MOTs, maybe off the road? The repeated advisories on tyres would make wonder if this has been run on the cheap with a backlog of maintenance ready to bite you. The fluctuation on the front brake may just be warped disc, or could be worn suspension components. looks nice though?

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Seems to have missed some MOTs, maybe off the road? The repeated advisories on tyres would make wonder if this has been run on the cheap with a backlog of maintenance ready to bite you. The fluctuation on the front brake may just be warped disc, or could be worn suspension components. looks nice though?

Emailed the vendor and although it has a stamped up service book there are no invoices to show if things like clutch, water pump, brakes etc had been changed.

10 hours ago, Steve Laming said:

Emailed the vendor and although it has a stamped up service book there are no invoices to show if things like clutch, water pump, brakes etc had been changed.

If you did buy this car, you would be wise to set aside a fair sum of money to catch up on maintenance such as replacing worn suspension components/brake discs etc. If you can DIY it may be worth it as parts can be bought at reasonable prices, but if you're getting a garage to do the work in Surrey, it could get very expensive. 

57 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

If you did buy this car, you would be wise to set aside a fair sum of money to catch up on maintenance such as replacing worn suspension components/brake discs etc. If you can DIY it may be worth it as parts can be bought at reasonable prices, but if you're getting a garage to do the work in Surrey, it could get very expensive. 

Thanks Nobbie, I have turned my attention to another one now !

Sorry, I don't like the phraseology. "FSH" means 1 full service p.a.

Then there is the high price. I got a '97 with truly FSH (about 20 stamps) and a thick pile of receipts and MoTs. IMS, new clutch, brakes, ... all done. Someone had been looking after my car. 

Gotte see it from underneath. Mine had rust spots and the coolers have begun rotting. :blink:

Dome bearings? Old Boxsters making no noises when driving over drain covers etc? 

No, I wouldn't pay the asking price and expect hidden issues.

Chris

Archived