Raid Steering Wheel Mod

Frankp2112

I finally got my new wheel fitted - only a couple of centimeters smaller but makes the world of difference. 

Also replaced the the CD changed with a Denison 500 - so now I can play my Ipod - 

Once I got the correct plugs the wiring was simple - found a couple of helpful guides online.

I am still undecided on what to do with the original 3 spoke wheel - is there much of a market for these wheels

Picture attached 

Thanks

Frank

IMG_0409.JPG

13 hours ago, Frankp2112 said:

Hi

yep its the 340mm - I tried a 365mm but there was only a small difference between that and the stock 380mm

I may put the ols wheel on ebay to recoup some of the latest expense..

Has it made the steering feel heavier? Do you see the main benefit as aesthetic or more legroom or better steering, sorry for all the questions but it is definitely something I would consider.

Hi

the steering feels the same as far as I can tell

I did it to give myself more leg room I always thought the stock 380mm wheel was too big  and i kept hitting my knees.

it is also easier to get easier to get in and out.

i ahave also done the gt3 console delete option removing the cd holder which improves let room as well.

i did also research changing the seats but I have heated seats with some electric adjustment and it seems the heated seats work differently between the 986 and 987. It also seems that the wiring plugs are different making this a tricky mod.

i will see if the console delete and wheel change give me enough too before looking again at the seat. 

Cheers

frank

Archived