Drive Belt or Polyrib belt?

CMA

How many belts are there on the 981 engine? Just in for a Major service at the OPC and they say the Drive Belt check is due. But looking at their own Servicing details here:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/servicepricing/

The service details says a polyrib check is included in the major service. Now are the drive belt and polyrib belt different things? A quick look in the WSM shows only the drive belt (which is a polyrib type belt)

They seem to want to charge me another £87 to look at it.....which slighty pee's me off as if it's a service item why is it not included in the service.....

From the Fixed Price Servicing PDF on Porsche website:

Major service includes:

All items in minor service as detailed plus:

1. Replacement of air cleaner element
  2. Check condition, and adjust if required: fuel system, parking brake, clutch, steering gear, tie rod ends, axle joints, running gear, exhaust system, suspension, seat belts, throttle actuation and Polyrib belt

All of the above items are included in the fixed pricing structure.*

Well, what a farce....

Dropped the service advisor an email with a screenshot of the Major service items and asked why it was extra or is it a different belt (knowing full well there is only one belt).

No reply. Tried calling, she was busy and would call me back. An hour later still no call back so called again. She's on training now so spoke to some other bloke. Who said it had been done and there was just some confusion as to what was included and not....he assured me it had been done and offered to get the technician to speak to me to confirm it. Bottom line is it IS included in the Major service and I wont be charged for it.

Not much confidence in them at the moment. I also requested they gave me my old spark plugs back....wonder if they will or not.

Imagine if I hadn't been on the ball, read up and knew what I was talking about, another £87 in their kitty for work I shouldn't have paid for. Last time I'll be visiting there I think.

I would email Porsche GB customer services with this one, how many other people not so sharp or with too much money have paid out unnecessarily? Also will they do a survey in back services and reimburse punters who have been wrongly charged????

18 minutes ago, martyn said:

I would email Porsche GB customer services with this one, how many other people not so sharp or with too much money have paid out unnecessarily? Also will they do a survey in back services and reimburse punters who have been wrongly charged????

Might be worth letting them know, does anyone have their contact details?

On 05/05/2017 at 2:19 PM, CMA said:

Might be worth letting them know, does anyone have their contact details?

Did you have any response from your complaint?

5 hours ago, martyn said:

Did you have any response from your complaint?

I raised my concerns with the OPC Service Manager in the first instance, giving him a chance to reply first before I escalate it upwards. Will post an update when I have one

Archived