Electric Window Wont Go Up Or Down

Tom163

22 minutes ago, golfprorich said:

Did they give a parts / labour breakdown? I imagine £160 for the part and two hours labour @ £85 p/h plus VAT

Two hours max I'd say when I had mine done it was 1.25 hours. That was before I took the door to pieces myself several times.  I reckon I could do it myself in two hours without even needing a swear box. 

If you're doing it yourself, pay attention to the fore and aft alignment - it could catch on the rear of the hood and wear away the cloth over time. Use the dirty location marks on the screen as a guide. I'd echo the use of OEM parts - I replaced my 986 regulator with a spurious one and did it all over again about a year later too. Pelican instructions are spot on.

Why does it always seem to break when the wife is driving and it's raining, and why do wives seem to blame us for them breaking in the first place?

@golfprorich   yes mate, 2hr window, regulator + membrane in case it's had it.
I just been there... GREAT people!  Turned out the membrane was re-usable, they changed the regulator, de-coded my radio, made me feel at home and did it for just over £300.
I can't praise them enough.  Awesome bunch of pros! 

4 minutes ago, MK986 said:

@golfprorich   yes mate, 2hr window, regulator + membrane in case it's had it.
I just been there... GREAT people!  Turned out the membrane was re-usable, they changed the regulator, de-coded my radio, made me feel at home and did it for just over £300.
I can't praise them enough.  Awesome bunch of pros! 

Good stuff mate. I was actually there about 1130am, I popped in after my car failed the MoT on fluctuating Co2 levels :mellow: to get their thoughts. Mark the parts chap called away Darren who does their MOTs for a chat and he suggested what to do. I agree they are a good bunch down there B)

Archived