Had a great day at the PEC

MIkeyv60

Had a great day blasting around in someones else's 718S today. Had great fun knew most of what the bits did on the car but got to try and drift around the low friction section and yes i did 2 circuits before i spun it. Launch control is awesome and the brakes pull 1.3 g when you break hard, only .9 on acceleration. Very quick and torque all the way through the rev range , had a play with the flappy paddles but to be honest the car did what i wanted it to do in auto mode.

I have been thinking about PSE but after today driving 2 cars back to back one with one without its not the difference you get on the 981 so isnt worth it in my opinion as when in sport mode i couldn't tell the difference? Maybe a couple of more pops.

Great day well worth a visit

10 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

PSE on the 981 took time to 'wear in'....the first 500 miles in mine there was nothing but a bit more boom...then 1000-2000 miles and it was much different.

The car had done around 1600 miles but hardly any difference in sound, even the the instructor said not worth it on the car , 981 yes 718 no. Interesting point made regarding the warming up , they all said let the oil get to 80 c before putting your foot down.

Archived