Thoughts on this 987.2 PDK

Virglas

On 08/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, Virglas said:

Saw that the car is still advertised on Autotrader so gave the dealer a call to check if it was a case of an old advert or the car not selling. Turns out it was the latter......going try and get to see the car this week but cant help thinking there's something fishy going on with car seeming incredibly cheap for what it is and the original sale having fallen through.....

I'd be wondering whether the car was sold and then returned under the CRA 2015 regulations as they couldn't sort out some problem or other? Perhaps water ingress is an ongoing problem? It does seem to have been on sale for an awfully long time for what seems like a bargain price?

Check the number of previous owners and when it last changed.

Went to see the car today. Seems it had been sold but failed the garages inspection. They have been contemplating what to do with over the last 10 days and have decided to send the car to auction. The sales man claimed not to know exactly what what issues the car has but did offer to find out and get back to me. Guess it must be something pretty significant either engine or gearbox related......Stu

Intriguing, let us know if you hear anything. Must be something pretty major to punt it into an auction 'sold as seen'. A PDK with issues would seem a likely candidate given the cost of sorting it out.

Not necessarily!

I work for a few Evans Halshaws and they have been getting in a mess with this move me closer thing. Basically the customer pays £250 to have any car in the group moved to their local dealer. If they don't buy the car the local dealer is stuck with the car and cannot return it.

A month ago my local one got stuck with a lovely 997 4s but it had a RMS seal leak, which we all know is quite common and not live or death but the customer picked up on it. Now my dealer only had £800 in this car so they sent it to the auction as £800 wouldn't cover the repair. Also there is something strange about the Evans Halshaws warranty and Porsche's. I can't remember the details but it wasn't anything that bothered me!

So this one could be worth a indy inspection and possibly buying as a trade sale ?

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Not necessarily!

I work for a few Evans Halshaws and they have been getting in a mess with this move me closer thing. Basically the customer pays £250 to have any car in the group moved to their local dealer. If they don't buy the car the local dealer is stuck with the car and cannot return it.

A month ago my local one got stuck with a lovely 997 4s but it had a RMS seal leak, which we all know is quite common and not live or death but the customer picked up on it. Now my dealer only had £800 in this car so they sent it to the auction as £800 wouldn't cover the repair. Also there is something strange about the Evans Halshaws warranty and Porsche's. I can't remember the details but it wasn't anything that bothered me!

So this one could be worth a indy inspection and possibly buying as a trade sale ?

Would they sell it to me on a trade sale basis ie B2B.....thought that unless I was a genuine trader they would always be obligated to treat any sale to me as  B2C ?....

Archived