Thoughts on this 987.2 PDK

Virglas

That looks lovely.  Good spec.  Love those 19's.  I don't think I'd be bothered about 82k in a Gen2 if I was keeping it for a while.  Looks like a bargain to me.  Only thing that looks like it needs attention is the drivers side seat bolster (which I guess is fair to look like that after 82k)

Can't make out - no flappy paddles, only buttons to change?

No xenons. Some people say the standard lights aren't so bright. (Others vehemently disagree!). There are experiments now with brighter bulbs, they seem to be getting better.

Looks like a rather scratched centre console.

But still I agree, a lot of car for the money.

Thanks to all of you for reinforcing my suspicion that this looks like a good deal. Unfortunately I didn't view the car today as I got a call from the garage advising me that the "Body Control Module" was faulty and until the replacement arrived I wouldn't be able to try the car. Hopefully this will be rectified by the weekend to so the wait goes on.....

8 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Can't make out - no flappy paddles, only buttons to change?

No xenons. Some people say the standard lights aren't so bright. (Others vehemently disagree!). There are experiments now with brighter bulbs, they seem to be getting better.

Looks like a rather scratched centre console.

But still I agree, a lot of car for the money.

Is the lack of flappy paddles normal?

16 minutes ago, Virglas said:

Thanks to all of you for reinforcing my suspicion that this looks like a good deal. Unfortunately I didn't view the car today as I got a call from the garage advising me that the "Body Control Module" was faulty and until the replacement arrived I wouldn't be able to try the car. Hopefully this will be rectified by the weekend to so the wait goes on.....

Sounds like its had a bit of water ingress...

Spec says it has spare wheel but photos say not. I don't think spare was standard so its probably just a form filling error by seller.

Also can't tell from the photos if it has Climate Control or just manual AC. If its just manual it will probably annoy you if its a daily driver like it does me.

Good price though if its in good condition.

6 minutes ago, Virglas said:

Is the lack of flappy paddles normal?

Yes, paddles were an option as part of the Sports wheel. Can be retrofitted but its pricey. Looks like this:

Fifty Shades of Blue

7 hours ago, Andy Clare said:

Was it the one at Evans Halshaw in newport? I saved that in my autotrader the other day and went to look last night and it had been removed.  I had assumed it had sold, as I wanted to view it at the weekend and call to book a viewing.

Yes its the one. I was on my way to view it on Tuesday and got a call saying that the Body Control Module needed replacing and could we rearrange the viewing. I hadn't heard anything from them so gave them a ring this morning only to find out that the car had been sold!!!

3 hours ago, Virglas said:

Yes its the one. I was on my way to view it on Tuesday and got a call saying that the Body Control Module needed replacing and could we rearrange the viewing. I hadn't heard anything from them so gave them a ring this morning only to find out that the car had been sold!!!

Jeez, 2nd hand car dealers eh!?

I hope the owner comes in here :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Saw that the car is still advertised on Autotrader so gave the dealer a call to check if it was a case of an old advert or the car not selling. Turns out it was the latter......going try and get to see the car this week but cant help thinking there's something fishy going on with car seeming incredibly cheap for what it is and the original sale having fallen through.....

Looks value tbf.. prices seem funny , with some dealers being cheaper than private asking prices.

i looked at a £14 k ‘59 plate manual 62k miles full opc history at a dealers last week , I procrastinated because it was all black and it sold .. it had just been reduced.

So gen 2 are out there at value... and it makes some 08 cars look really expensive to my eyes.

some nice 05-06 at around £8.5k  but when 12-14k is asked for an 08 it seems mad not to go the extra for a gen 2.

And there you have a PDK for sub 16k

27 minutes ago, Pullingteeth said:

There’s a dealer in Peterborough that has a 2012 2.9 for £15.5k.

autumn bargains?

Have you got a link? I assume it's high mileage? A couple of years down the line I'll probably be looking  at one of these.

Archived