Flat battery

sential

Am currently away travelling and left Boxster at mums for her to start weekly to keep the battery going ok. Left the frunk popped up just in case though...
Well somehow its gone flat. My brother popped round and attached a battery charger to battery  but said this set the alarm off...
Been reading through old threads on here but it's all a bit confusing tbh. Should the ignition key be turned and then try charging it?
He wants to know whether to disconnect the battery and take out and charge but im guessing thats going to cause more problems with the alarm? With the radio?
Would be grateful for the correct procedure to go forward with, thanks..

i understand that if the frunk isn't closed then regardless of whether the bulb is on or not the car doesn't go to sleep properly, hence battery drain.

If you want to keep the frunk open (in the garage) use a screwdriver to close the latch and fool the car into thinking its closed, light will go out immediately!

I also think that starting the car intermittently will actually drain the battery as there is a large drain to start the engine, then if its not kept running or taken for a blast, the alternator won't have had time to top up the battery charge. (this is my understanding of the situation although I would be happy to be corrected)

Kevin

4 hours ago, red rocket said:

I discovered mine flat on Saturday Frunk was open so pretty sure the light was the cause.

I fitted an led in mine. Brighter and lower power requirement.

Archived