Alarm disk battery failure

runner

Hi all ... Porsche have as I'm sure you all have ... A small black disk that I carry in the car about 2" x 2" and it detects if it's not present in the car ... The right hand side of the three gauges says now the battery is flat and needs changing ... Any ideas how easy it is to do that as I can't see how to prise it open ? 

Assume you mean the the tracker fob. If so, yes it’s straight forward to change. Just make sure you switch it back on again after you’ve swapped the battery over. 

If I recall it’s a CR2032 battery 

Yes it's for a tracker ... I don't really use it .. but if you don't have it in the car ... the car tells you it's not present ... so I need it to be battery active !

1 hour ago, tcornet said:

Assume you mean the the tracker fob. If so, yes it’s straight forward to change. Just make sure you switch it back on again after you’ve swapped the battery over. 

If I recall it’s a CR2032 battery 

Hi tcornet ... can I ask, how do you get it apart ... equally how do you turn it off and on ... I see the button that presses in ... but opening it ?

Thanks in advance .

5 minutes ago, runner said:

Hi tcornet ... can I ask, how do you get it apart ... equally how do you turn it off and on ... I see the button that presses in ... but opening it ?

Thanks in advance .

Ok this is very much from memory as my current 981 doesn’t  have this. There is one button on the fob,which you need to depress for around 10seconds, that will switch it off and on. The red LED will flash. To swap out the battery you should be able to prise it open using a small flat head at the back of the fob I think. Then it’s a case of swapping the battery and putting together and switching it back on. 

You should have all the instructions to do this in your manuals, there should be a separate one for tracker. Should the same as this one I’d say. 

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2014-panamera-manual/8/251/Porsche-Vehicle-Tracking-System-PVTS-Changing-driver-card-battery

5 minutes ago, tcornet said:

Ok this is very much from memory as my current 981 doesn’t  have this. There is one button on the fob,which you need to depress for around 10seconds, that will switch it off and on. The red LED will flash. To swap out the battery you should be able to prise it open using a small flat head at the back of the fob I think. Then it’s a case of swapping the battery and putting together and switching it back on. 

You should have all the instructions to do this in your manuals, there should be a separate one for tracker. Should the same as this one I’d say. 

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2014-panamera-manual/8/251/Porsche-Vehicle-Tracking-System-PVTS-Changing-driver-card-battery

Thanks ... that is the correct unit and the link is so useful.

Appreciate you taking the time to help me !

Cheers, N

Archived