Anybody had PSE fitted - Parts needed

topradio

I know that some on here have had PSE retrofitted to their 981. I understand that Porsche have to fit a new console switch panel which presumably means that the old one is then redundant.

I have a little project on the go where I need to salvage some internal bits from a panel and wondered if anybody here has a spare/scrap one. They are available on eBay but as I only need it for parts I am hoping that somebody here would be willing to donate theirs for a few beers + the postage.

This is my panel but any from a Boxster, Cayman or 991 will do the job.

9qW5v0p.jpg?1

Ideally I am looking for one of the sliding switch inserts and a switch cover with any legend. Also three of the chrome inserts would be good as well. It seems a shame to buy one just to cannibalise it for bits. There must be loads of these about from where people have upgraded to PSE.  

I’ll dig it out tomorrow as I’ve got all the buttons and bits I just want to keep spares for my own options in case any of my existing buttons flake or get damaged. I’m sure I can fix you up with what you want.  Is the Cayman switch ok for your purposes?

1 hour ago, topradio said:

Thanks yes the Cayman one will work. I have taken mine to pieces and the PCB is only populated with the components required for the buttons fitted.

Let me know what you have and what you would like for it.

Interesting- and perhaps explains why you need a new switch when doing this.  The switch that you buy having all options available, whereas the original fit switch is bespoke for the build options, it seems a bizarre approach by Porsche that must cost more in manufacturing costs surely.

The Cayman switch I have I think is the fully flexible one.

Yes it is surprising that its worth making different models. As well as not populating the PCB they also don't fit the sliding  actuator in the blank switches. The funny thing is that its not possible to specify enough options to actually fill all the blank switch positions.

Archived