Fitting Apple Car Play system to Boxster 986

PMBS986

Hi, has anyone successfully fitted an Apple Car Play system to their car?

I have seen a few things online about moving the heater / aircon controls to the bottom of the centre consoles, and the double height Apple Car Play then being positioned in the double height space. Is that a straight forward thing to do?

Any recommendations on the best system? I see that Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine produce these Apple Car Play systems, I'm too out of the loop to know which is the best system / route, or which would be the most straight forward to fit.... maybe they are all much of a muchness!!

Any guidance or first-hand experience appreciated, apologies if this is a repeat of a common thread, thanks.

Look in the ICE section for double DIN, Pioneer or Appradio. For install they are all the same basic premise. 

I fitted this unit a few years ago which has Apple car play:

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avic-f970bt

Have you ever used car play?  I find it rubbish compared to the unit's built in software.  As Ed says there are guides and plenty of discussions in the ICE section.  

What year is your 986? be prepared for more work if it's 2003 or later (CDR23 currently fitted).

Have you got the fibre optic Bose amp? If so its much more involved.  If it's just the rear sub then it's straight forward. 

Archived