Health check V 111 point check!

martyn

Just had 2 health checks in 2 weeks! Firstly new tyres fitted FOC due to OPC unable to source replacement punctured Bridgestone n-0 (covered by tyre insurance) and the second check was for its 4 year major service. Only done 30 miles between checks!

All that was found wrong both times was expired tyre repair sealant. 

Anyway my question is does anyone know how much more thorough the 111 point pre warranty check is over the health check?

Thanks.

Hi yes, I was advised by my OPC to have one done about 3 weeks before the existing warranty runs out to pick up any faults before expiry.

You can then go on and take out a new warranty if you wish. Also told that 111 point check cost is negotiable.

especially important if going from first purchase warranty to the Porsche Approved 'insurance' one...I was told you did not want to allow a break in warranty for various reasons including the cost to 'renew' if there was even a days lapse/gap changing also

• 3 weeks later...

Mines going in for its pre warrantee check today. I've decided not to take out a new one but want to get anything they may find fixed under the old one. MOT as well. :wacko:

I was offered the 111 point check when I was considering the extended warranty after 3 years. I couldn't do it in the end since I've got H&R springs on the car. I might just as well have welded a machine gun mount and armour plating to the vehicle given Porsche's attitude to modifications.

The health-check is purely for your own information and benefit as an existing owner. The 111 point check is really more for the dealer to be in a position to issue warranty on either your car, or one they are selling used.

Either one means you have to pay for them to find more stuff to fix, but for extened warranty it's a pre-requisite.

Regular servicing includes inspection elements anyhow, so these should pick up issues as you go along. I can't see the need for pure inspections of any nature unless you are looking at a new warranty.

Archived