what a difference a day makes!

JohnnyUK

So parked the 986 up a couple of days ago, no issues at all. Started it today and she is running like a bag of spanners... Probably only 4 cylinders.....took it off the drive and to the bottom of the road but turned around and stuck it back on the drive.  Will put the tester on it to see what codes throw up.... Any ideas? 

28 minutes ago, JohnnyUK said:

I certainly hope so.... Some of them do look past their best. I hope ecp have a Christmas ?? sale on!

i bought 6 coilpacks from frazer part...at the time thay were cheaper than ecp..

7 minutes ago, banjo1 said:

i bought 6 coilpacks from frazer part...at the time thay were cheaper than ecp..

Good luck with the fitting, make sure the connectors are pushed fully home, I didn't and had a worrying misfire about three months later. Just pushed the connector properly home and was fixed.

We'll, took her out to at least get up to temp.... Missing still, and sounded like exhaust was blowing...got home to see flame ? from exhaust tip and a very very hot( glowing red!) cat.  guess the unburnt mix was igniting in the cat.... Hope no damage done but now deffo needing new coils. At least I know which bank is at fault!? 

Well three coil packs and plugs later she is running much better. I knew one of the old packs was badly cracked and a second on it's way.  All three plugs had lost their central electrode so certainly pleased they have been swapped. Bank 2 next! ?

Archived