The usual wet behind passenger seat..but slightly different..

karlp606

So had the boxster out for a nice run yday and thought Id double check the behind the passenger seat and low and behold wetness! I usually leave some kitchen roll underneath the sound foam incase there is water ingress, so took the foam out from under the seat and took indoors, I've just been out now to check the passenger seat as its been raining here for around 5 hours and the metal body is pretty much dry except the vertical carpet that goes directly behind the seat the bottom of that where it then meets the floor carpet is damp but this part was dry yday?! So Im abit confused how one part can now be wet and the other dry? Ive tested the rear and front drainers and I can only find the front passenger drainer is slightly blocked but around the front of the passenger seat, door card etc is all dry, so this makes me think its not the drainers.

I've currently got the hardtop on so I thought this maybe causing the issue as it seems slight damper/wetter but than before or could even this be from driving yesterday eg water ingress from under the car/vents etc?

I know this has been covered a 1000 times but Im really not sure where the water could come from? Any help would be much appreciated,

The drains may clear but don't forget the water has to reach the drains. If the foam tray has any small hole or year then it will seep through. 

7 minutes ago, edc said:

The drains may clear but don't forget the water has to reach the drains. If the foam tray has any small hole or year then it will seep through. 

Are these the rear foam trays were you need to put the hood into service mood?

Yes when you open the roof you can see the foam tray. It acts like the wide part of a funnel. Make sure it's fitted right and intact. 

I think some have tried but not sure how successful it would be. But if you have a hole then it's got to be worth a try at a patch. Maybe something like a bike puncture repair kit might work. 

Archived