Lower Cubby Delete

Jilboxster

Hi

New to the forum... so hello, and hopefully I'll contribute to what looks to be an excellent community.

I've recently bought a 2002 2.7 and have already got the modification bug. Due to my size, and silly long legs the lower cubby hole is a real problem (had a 2.5 many years ago without it) and I'm looking to replace it with a 'carpet set/delete kit', to give me some left leg wiggle room. Searching around, they seem to be thin on the ground. 

Have peole done their own?

Is there someone out there who want to sell me a kit? 

Suggestions welcome 

James 

IMG_2045.PNG

I got mine from Gert at Carnewal. It was an original Porsche part and less than £200. They are available in all colours. OPCs should also still sell them I would have thought. After the sports exhaust/bypass mod this is the best thing I've ever done to a 986. Frees up essential room and looks Gt2/3 supercar-cool into the bargain. Highly recommend 

Hi,

thanks for responding, yes I've removed it for the time being and it's so much better. 

Now it's all out I've decided I'm going to do something myself, I've ordered some old Boxster carpet the same colour and mocked something up initially, it's looks good. 

I'm borrowing the 3D scanner from work, and might just design/print ALM something up. A cup/phone older would go perfectly there, and give loads of leg room too.

To  be continued..... 

I bought an unused kit on the forum a few months ago, which was the correct colour for my metropole blue interior. It just seemed too much of a bargain to pass up, but now that I've fitted it I would say that it's a great improvement, both in terms of appearance and the extra knee room. Go for it. 

On 13/01/2018 at 5:28 PM, Jilboxster said:

Hi,

thanks for responding, yes I've removed it for the time being and it's so much better. 

Now it's all out I've decided I'm going to do something myself, I've ordered some old Boxster carpet the same colour and mocked something up initially, it's looks good. 

I'm borrowing the 3D scanner from work, and might just design/print ALM something up. A cup/phone older would go perfectly there, and give loads of leg room too.

To  be continued..... 

Look forward to seeing the results, I got the kit from an OPC and put a standard smooth disc from Halfords on top of the plastic blanking off piece. My sat nav/phone gets put there with the sucker attachment and it keeps the screen free. I love the extra legroom and classic Porsche look.

On 15 January 2018 at 9:12 PM, S8ked said:

Would anyone have the Porsche part number for this delete kit?

I should have the part number for mine, as I used the original box to store the parts I removed. However, mine is blue, so probably different from black. Will check asap.

7 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Scanned the title of this post and thought it read “lower chubby delete”, and thought - that’s a bit personal isn’t it!!

I think there are a few of us us who could definitely do with one of those.

4 minutes ago, golfprorich said:

Hmmmm I'm sort of tempted to do this but I find the little cubby hole convenient for storing whichever pair of glasses I'm not using at the time! :huh:

Get it done. Glasses can be stored on top of your head..'Boxster GT4' badge also required

Archived