986 discs on 987.1

Liberty

As the title suggests,wondered if anyone has tried or knows of any problems ,would like to move away from the drilled corroded edge thing,don't track the car or bothered about resale ,Understand many might say its a bad idea but any thoughts appreciated.

Just buy plain discs? ATE have a proprietary elliptical pattern and probably do a version for 987. Alternatively just go to ECP stick in your reg number and buy the plain disc version. 

Thanks for the reply.Reg on ECP will only get me the perforated/vented discs as options.Have found vented on APP,CPO etc.Just not so sure about the rears with the hand brake setup.Also the rears are different widths,292,298 which doesn't make sense.Gues the choice is a thin or thick rust ridge!

• 4 weeks later...

Q5VHNxK.jpg

Got a pair of these for the front (APEC 2090) painted hats and vents.Finding rears are not so easy because of the diameter differences and hand brake but may go for borg&beck bbd5837s on fleebay (they have just been reduced in price by £40)and are fully coated.Pictures of them show drilled but are plain according to borg.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. I prefer the solid discs for looks and more importantly they don't suffer the corrosion problems that the drilled types can suffer from. 12 quid for a pair of new discs ! Shame they don't do the rears as mine will probably need doing in the next 12 months or so. 

3 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Nice. I prefer the solid discs for looks and more importantly they don't suffer the corrosion problems that the drilled types can suffer from. 12 quid for a pair of new discs ! Shame they don't do the rears as mine will probably need doing in the next 12 months or so. 

Cheers Paul also https://www.amazon.co.uk/febi-bilstein-16758-Brake-Pads/dp/B006DHOQOA/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1522441722&vehicle=92-1190-5208-18289-1-0&sr=1-1  but sadly no good for you.I payed a tenner for them but can't win them all ?I don't mind being a bargain  basement Boxtering test pilot.

The borg drilled discs are cheaper than the plain so it's not just about the price.Like you prefer the look of the plain discs and don't think the slightly better cooling is needed for me at least.

• 4 months later...
On Sun Mar 25 2018 at 7:43 PM, Liberty said:

Couldn't resist buying these for a tenner. Also bought a Bremi ignition coil for 15 quid which I don't need either.! 

Archived