Yokohama AD08R's

Rich260

Hi all, I'd like to get some track day focused tyres for the boxster that are still capable enough on the road.

The AD08R's get decent reviews in both dry and wet conditions. Any members have any real world experince using them on a boxster or Cayman? I'd be fitting 18" 235/40 front 265/40 rear.

Not had them on the Boxster, but have them on my VX220. Will be fitting to Boxster when the current tyres run out.

I'd say they are perfect for a road and track combination. They have a bit more grip than normal road tyres, but less than full on track tyres, but they come with full tread and harder compound so don't wear too fast, work in standing water. Also have stiff sidewalls so give good response. Under 5 degrees C they are a bit sketchy tbh though.

They also have a very cool looking tread pattern :)

Seem to recall these were fitted to the M3's at Palmer  - fantastic in the dry and almost defied physics in the wet and poring rain.  I was very impressed/surprised.

For track days, I have a set of Federal 595s. VERY sticky in both dry and wet. They are also giving pretty good wear longevity, despite much abuse.  Oh, and they are road legal, which is handy for getting to the track.......

Archived