Has anyone put there front number plate on the car without using the plastic frame

the baron

I came to the conclusion that if you got a really pedantic cop you were done but most would let it go as long as it was nearer vertical than horizontal. Problem is the pre drilled holes for the existing frame. In the US they buy “ bumper plugs “

4 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Yes indeed, although I shortened my GTS’ front flinth to then used h.d. Velcro to attach the plate for clean look.

Number plate plinth shortened

Still needs minute trimming to exactly match the slightly different bumper profile as you move in back towards the centre, from where the original plinth-edges were, but it’s only slight. I need to fill, smooth and spray the join on the plinth on the top section, but it’s really only noticeable very close up, if you’re looking for it.

Looks great mate 

On 27/04/2018 at 6:10 PM, Davidbf1.com said:

Yes indeed, although I shortened my GTS’ front flinth to then used h.d. Velcro to attach the plate for clean look.

Number plate plinth shortened

Still needs minute trimming to exactly match the slightly different bumper profile as you move in back towards the centre, from where the original plinth-edges were, but it’s only slight. I need to fill, smooth and spray the join on the plinth on the top section, but it’s really only noticeable very close up, if you’re looking for it.

Excellent job

23 minutes ago, Sambochenek said:

Yes metal plate using tape too. Been strong for 6 months now.

20180406_161354-1612x784.jpg

20180406_161400-1612x784.jpg

Love that front bumper... can’t think what if reminds me of....:mellow:

Archived