Return the world of BoXa. Maybe!?!

CPS

Hi all, 

I sold my 981 to a good home 6 or so months ago. And am now considering getting back into a 981s.

However I'm looking at a budget of 40k ish and see a 718's at a similar cost.

So looking for a positive consensus of which way to go.

The car won't be a daily, but also won't be a garage queen!

Ps.  Great to be back on a positive forum compared to some I've been on recently!

35 minutes ago, CPS said:

So looking for a positive consensus of which way to go.

You'll be lucky! :lol: I think you'll find a distinct correlation between people's views on the relative merits, and the entry in their "My Ride".

But anyway, well done for returning to the fold - I'm sure you'll be happy whichever route you take. 

I think if you make a decision on trying to second guess depreciation its just a road to disappointment. You could make a case that 981 will depreciate less and have more long term fans, you can make a case to always buy the newest car you can. Unless you have a crystal ball then who knows.

Buy the one you like best.

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

I think if you make a decision on trying to second guess depreciation its just a road to disappointment. You could make a case that 981 will depreciate less and have more long term fans, you can make a case to always buy the newest car you can. Unless you have a crystal ball then who knows.

Buy the one you like best.

Good advice. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Hi and welcome back, go for the BEST deal, I'm sure you would be happy with either Boxster but you'll be even happier with a good Deal.

Guvs.

For the weekend I think the 981 ticks the right boxes and would be my choice.

However, the base 718 in manual is a good compromise, it obviously doesn't have nearly the same level of drama but it's nice steer and feels a little more modern all round.

Archived