Getting the Gundo hack done next week!!!

headless

So I'm booked in at DW Performance next Friday for the Gundo hack on my BoxsterS 987.1, and before you ask, yes it can be done, haha, and I know someone who had it done with them yesterday on his and he's over the moon with it.

While it's up on the ramps I've also asked for a quick oil and filter change cos why not, haha!!

n7YxbFO.jpg

The silencers are bypassed with a pipe, the size of the pipe determines the tone of the exhaust, it allows some but not all gases to bypass the main boxes, so you get a slightly louder but more importantly a better deeper growl, most people that have it done says that it is the way the car should have sounded in the first place.

With some if not all sports exhausts there is a drone at certain speeds that can make the car a really annoying long drive, this mod does'nt have the drone, and it's a lot cheaper than a full sports exhaust, it's costing me £270 all in!!

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to how you get on, I had it done on my 987.1s and it didn’t work. I ended up scrapping the rear boxes and getting a switched valved cat back.

Im still not sure why it didn’t work but it may have been down to the pipe size used.

Hopefully yours works out fine ?

Archived