Another key fob thread

agentgorringe

But this time with a happy ending; I picked up the sick child from school this morning (had her jabs yesterday) and her seat rattled, when I dug deep with the long nose things I found £5.37 in loose change and a rusty looking insert for the key fob. I've been reading various threads on a new spare key and decided I would just make sure I have key cover on my insurance, previous owner was a bit vague on why it was missing from the spare key, he must have dropped it at some point - the fob doesn't seat closed very well. New battery and it works! a good start to my day, if not for the child.

Sorry, it's a bit boring really but i just had to tell someone and the bin men weren't interested (I work from home).

IMG_9359.jpg

Excellent result - an upgrade and you're probably even still up on the deal after the cost of the new battery. Don't get used to it though ... that's not a typical experience with Porsche ownership :sad01_anim:

PS Might want to give those forceps a bit of a wash before your next surgical shift.

Where did you dig to find treasure and how was it rattling, Ive got a rattle from passenger seat but didn’t think of looking down the leather bit, didn’t realise it was that deep

Archived