How clear are clear headlights???

karlp606

For the past month Ive been trying to get my clear headlights back upto scratch, Ive used the Megs headlight restoration kit and the AG one both by buffing/polishing the headlight but both headlights still look have a yellowish tint and not very clear and I feel it lets down the appearance of the car. 

How clear are other peoples clear front headlights? and also are the internal pieces chrome or just a dull silver???

The only yellowing I've noticed is on the internal lens just in front of the bulb, but not sure how old they are as they are not original.

sPXHlfE.jpg

I did have an issue on my 107 headlights with going a bit foggy, but just got the DA polisher out and gave it a once over and it did a really good job. Any chance of putting up a photo of what yours look like?

10 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They don’t look too bad on the photos but the only real way is to wet sand and buff them with a mop. But I don’t advise that unless you know what your doing ?

Yeh I was quite hesitant with the sanding pads and drill connector that you get with the AG kit, didnt want to ruin them!

On 5/14/2018 at 4:42 PM, karlp606 said:

For the past month Ive been trying to get my clear headlights back upto scratch, Ive used the Megs headlight restoration kit and the AG one both by buffing/polishing the headlight but both headlights still look have a yellowish tint and not very clear and I feel it lets down the appearance of the car. 

How clear are other peoples clear front headlights? and also are the internal pieces chrome or just a dull silver???

You sure it's not on the inside, I believe the wrong bulbs can sometimes do this. If it is on the outside 1500 wet and dry followed by 2000 and a polish should do it,

Yes use 600  for heavy stained areas followed by 1500 wet and dry to fully haze them up which is a little scary but it's fine then I used my rotary polisher with G3 as the DA barely touched it. Make sure you have taped off around the lights first job. Once your happy with the finish clean the light with either white Sprit or alcohol wipes and apply G techniq C4 which is a nano coating to protect them for upto 2 yrs. job done. 

Archived