Steering wheel retrim & paddle shift upgrade

RajB

So, I've just had my Savannah tan wheel re-trimmed and I think the work is excellent so here it is.. Also I have fitted paddles but as there are decent how-to's on forums already I won't repeat the process, except to say I think I mounted mine nearer the edge of the wheel as one guy who had done the mod regretted having to reach around a little too far. I'm very happy with the result.

The trimmers are based in Germany and the company name is leder-lenkrad.de. contact : Aleksander, mobile: 0176-99266888, email lenkradebay.web.de

You can find them on ebay and they have a steering wheel loan option too if you can't be without your porsche for a couple of weeks..

They use whatsapp for photo updates etc. very good communication throughout the process I found.

You'll see from the photos I 'converted' my tiptronic wheel to one without buttons. Yep, it's a bit bodgy you might think but I didn't want those ugly buttons spoiling my view and I could not get a savannah tan manual wheel anywhere. Necessity is the mother of all invention - and 2-pack filler is the friend of all bodge-ups :rolleyes:

Before..

IMAG0026.jpg

Nasty!

Post-op with some tidying up needed..

IMG_20180504_WA0001.jpg

and re-trimmed

IMG_20180524_WA0001.jpgIMAG0509.jpgIMAG0508.jpg

And with the paddles - 

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

Finished job - 

15274099878811704898109.jpg

nice one dude, looks great now, did mine a couple of months back and loving the paddleshift, but have just added some extentions as I found sometimes coming up to junctions and wantin to change to first it was difficult to find the down paddle when the wheel was turned.....

fyQLlz0.jpg

Great improvement, those black buttons looked awful on the old one. Nice work with the filler, what the eye doesn't see, the bodger gets away with?

Archived