Suplex Coil Springs

PaulQ

1 minute ago, PaulQ said:

Has anyone ever fitted these, or have any experience of them.? They do two different lengths for the rear, so I'm guessing the longer one is for tip cars.? Tia. 

No experience of them, but I thought the Tip cars just had a different spring rate to reflect the greater weight of the tip box. Not sure why you would need a different spring length unless you were purposely lowering the car like the M030 or H&R -30 springs.

3 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Haven't got a clue tbh. They are listed as 298 or 309 with the fronts 248.

You may be right about the Tip if there is only one length for the fronts. Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about can help?

I'm pretty sure the tip springs are longer. When I fitted M030 the tip springs are a shade longer and you end up with a fraction more rake which for me is a good thing. In practice the difference in visuals is barely noticeable. 

Buycarparts have the equivalent Porsche part numbers listed, and the 309mm rears are Porsche part number 986.333.531.05.504 which are the tip springs. The shorter 298mm length springs replace the 05 with .04 in the above part number for manual ones. Fronts are 986.343.531.01.504

4 hours ago, edc said:

I'm pretty sure the tip springs are longer. When I fitted M030 the tip springs are a shade longer and you end up with a fraction more rake which for me is a good thing. In practice the difference in visuals is barely noticeable. 

Some rake would be good from a purely aesthetic perspective, but don't know how this would effect the handling of the car. I have a set of new OE M030 here which I was going to fit, but I think even this may be too much for a daily driver on shyatety roads. By the same token I don't want to introduce excessive body roll either and I prefer the look of a lowered car. Decisions, decisions.!

I haven't driven back to back but my impressions of tip M030 kit on manual car are good. Comparing to old manual M030 (on a manual car) its better, for me at least. Subjectively you get less dive under braking. 

I bought a full set of suplex from eBay for my 2003 2.7, for £150

When I wanted them fitted at Revolution, Danny said cheap cr*p. He got me a H&R set for £175. Not worth saving the £25 really. 

1 hour ago, Bez9794 said:

I bought a full set of suplex from eBay for my 2003 2.7, for £150

When I wanted them fitted at Revolution, Danny said cheap cr*p. He got me a H&R set for £175. Not worth saving the £25 really. 

Thanks. I've priced up both and the h&r's are £250 (ecp) vs £140 for the Suplex. I could ask revolution for a price, though I expect it will be more then 175 for supply only. 

22 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Thanks. I've priced up both and the h&r's are £250 (ecp) vs £140 for the Suplex. I could ask revolution for a price, though I expect it will be more then 175 for supply only. 

H&R are a little cheaper (230) from CarParts4Less on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-S-986-H-R-M030-Performance-Suspension-Lowering-Spring-Kit-10mm/302611635846

2 hours ago, ed80 said:

Thanks, but it's the standard length H&R's I would be looking at. Annoyingly under performance parts from ECP so no discount codes. 

Archived