986 trim kits

mattomg

Hi all

Has anyone come across or have any experience of these ; 

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=323266910282&t=1508517150000&tid=310&category=180476&seller=autodash_trim&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=3&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.co.uk&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

a self adheive silver effect laser cut decal set, somehat cheaper then the £000's for the kosher option... ?

Headline link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323266910282

I have no experience of them. The feedback looks very promising though and fitting this would be a lot simpler than dismantling the interior and painting. I wonder if they do a kit to fit with sat nav and for left hand drive?

they do do LHD I believe. I've E mailed them to ask about my spec as the cd holder looks different. Nice touch is they acommodate heated or non heated facsia's. I just don't want it to look naff but the use of 3M contact is promising. £150 isn't cheap but compared with the oem prices.............

I used to live in La Duquesa for 9 years btw. (between Soto & Estapona, where are you /

That sounds promisingBe great to see or hear about one at first hand though. I live in the countryside about 5km outside Alhaurin de la Torre - over the other side of the mountain from Mijas. Not so familiar with the Estepona area.

Been on this forum for some years and not seen this, or any other, trim kit referred to previously. However a number of members have removed and rattle canned key parts of the interior. It would seem patience is the key to achieving a "factory" finish for the price of a few rattle cans. Have a search. I think @Southy did it.

5 hours ago, mattomg said:

Hi all

Has anyone come across or have any experience of these ; 

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=323266910282&t=1508517150000&tid=310&category=180476&seller=autodash_trim&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=3&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.co.uk&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

a self adheive silver effect laser cut decal set, somehat cheaper then the £000's for the kosher option... ?

Headline link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323266910282

2 hours ago, Boxob said:

Been on this forum for some years and not seen this, or any other, trim kit referred to previously. However a number of members have removed and rattle canned key parts of the interior. It would seem patience is the key to achieving a "factory" finish for the price of a few rattle cans. Have a search. I think @Southy did it.

I did my centre console for $30 and a few hours of spray painting fun  :)

like this

r6Rkx2Sbbn-Rdmhl1vQ1PsppDnPPcoflriXZYmxT

y7HReGQaL-I_jDD0cgB2ybNOEV-fQju9GaKqRaQY

ekEeSw7lnFhMYFUSSN9B1NLzYPI7teAA1iUbkmUC

WdBs_qY9HA_Ec3OD93751gZVzpzfP6WOI1NCH1se

dg1LRSEmHsPkqYc1GdtLV7s_Rn1OM6vb9mPyre-t

I’ve got it on mine. Do you want to see pics? Only problem with it is the glue they supply isn’t enough. The parts fit well enough but don’t cover the entire interior. As long as you’re aware that they are adhesive backed so when it comes to removing them.......well who knows?

I'm not sure about the wood effect in a Boxster - it does remind me though that I need to get the kitchen refitted!

The painted centre console is very smart and something I would consider.

21 hours ago, Billfromfife said:

I’ve got it on mine. Do you want to see pics? Only problem with it is the glue they supply isn’t enough. The parts fit well enough but don’t cover the entire interior. As long as you’re aware that they are adhesive backed so when it comes to removing them.......well who knows?

Yes please, bring on the pics☺️

On 7/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, Billfromfife said:

Yes I would like to see how it looks

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Sussexlad said:

I'm not sure about the wood effect in a Boxster - it does remind me though that I need to get the kitchen refitted!

The painted centre console is very smart and something I would consider.

Its not wood effect...….its a  silver effect, but I agree, I think the pained console looks better as the decals don't cover the entire area. I'm going to post some pics so you will see what I mean later.?

Archived