Interior door panel peeled

SteveEu

Hi I’ve just bought a 2008 987.1 S with 44,000 miles and love it now I’ve sorted the main niggles. However the driver side interior door panel that holds the electric window buttons and the main door opening handle has peeled and looks scruffy.

Where / can i get a new one, how much and how do I fit it?

Anyone had the panel resprayed instead of replacing and if so was it a success?

Thanks 

Steve

I had the same issue with my drivers side switch panel on my 987.

You can buy the panel from Porsche for £50-£60 But you need to remove the door panel and then use a soldering iron to melt the fittings holding the panel on the inside of the door card. Once removed fit the new one and melt the fixings again to hold it in place.

You could remove the door card and rub down the switch   panel , mask it up and paint it. The only issue is that the soft touch coating on the switch panel is a pain to work with.

I found a good used door card with the switch panel unmarked and swapped it all over, much easier ?

21 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I had the same issue with my drivers side switch panel on my 987.

You can buy the panel from Porsche for £50-£60 But you need to remove the door panel and then use a soldering iron to melt the fittings holding the panel on the inside of the door card. Once removed fit the new one and melt the fixings again to hold it in place.

You could remove the door card and rub down the switch   panel , mask it up and paint it. The only issue is that the soft touch coating on the switch panel is a pain to work with.

I found a good used door card with the switch panel unmarked and swapped it all over, much easier ?

Thanks thant’s really helpful and appreciated ?

I had this piece changed by OPC after one of their technicians marked it when changing out the door membrane.

They can be changed & I reckon this would be better than painting as I'm not convinced that a painted finish would hold up that well.

Archived