Slight clunk through steering

daz05

Guys, has anyone suffered a light clunk through the steering when on the move, I don't mean Ackermann this occurs when driving for example take a bend with mid corner bump or uneven surface and I feel a mechanical like clunk through the wheel and column.

The thread i've linked below seems very similar but it's on the 987.  My car is still under warranty so hopefully it's covered, it certainly wasn't doing this before.  :(

https://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-problems-and-complaints/30788-slight-clunk-steering-column-05-boxster.html

Thanks

I’m just about to start investigating a similar issue with my 987.2 I went on a couple of our local meetings around the country lanes and although great fun there are a lot of pot holes etc. I’ve started to get a slight knock/vibration through the wheel and the balance of the car feels off. I checked all the tyres and they were correct pressures.

I jacked it up the other day and I could feel slight play left to right. I suspect inner or outer track rod, also the drop link looked a little odd but the rubber boots seemed ok.

Im no mechanic but I know a man who is and he is going to have a look this morning ?

The mechanic has confirmed that the passenger inner tie rod has got play in it. Not a lot but is definitely there, so I will be getting it replaced and a 4 wheel alignment.

Ive got to pop back later as he wants to get on the ramp and fully inspect the front and the rear before I start ordering parts ?

Archived