18" Sport Design Wheels - restoration?

Rav

Has anyone on this forum ever restored their own wheels?

I have a set of 18" Sport Design alloys which are 2 piece. The outer lip should be diamond cut.  I need to restore my wheels and would love to hear from anyone that has either done this themselves or knows of a good place to get these done.

All quotations so far from companies are between £500 and £1000 for the refurb. Its only metal and surely the outer lip could be machined by a good metal wok outfit?

Any help appreciated.

Hi Rav yes I have refinished wheels and have Just done my own set.  You can achieve a polished diamond cut look by working through the various grades of wet and dry paper and then clear coating the finish. Wet sand it back and then polish 

59 minutes ago, Rav said:

Has anyone on this forum ever restored their own wheels?

I have a set of 18" Sport Design alloys which are 2 piece. The outer lip should be diamond cut.  I need to restore my wheels and would love to hear from anyone that has either done this themselves or knows of a good place to get these done.

All quotations so far from companies are between £500 and £1000 for the refurb. Its only metal and surely the outer lip could be machined by a good metal wok outfit?

Any help appreciated.

hi Rav, 

Great to meet you yesterday!

This would make a great thread.  Ive done something similar with some AMG wheels and although it takes time, its do-able.  I think the hardest bit could be splitting the rims.

Please, please, please, keep loads of pics of the progress and post them on here.

cheers  

Archived