Installed a home made lower brace

toplad

8 hours ago, edc said:

90% of the time you won't notice it's there. It's only that 10% or less when you are really on it through some corners. 

I realise that, though I’m sure I’ll struggle to get there on the public road regardless. However, it’s an interesting little project and I’m a fan of mods that give predictability and protect against mid corner camber change. It’s only beefing up what the factory did and the anecdotal reports seem to be wholly positive. I lost one of the original bolts somewhere though...anyone want to donate one of theirs for my “back to stock” collection? ?

I am now really looking forward to trying mine out on some typical bumpy roads round my casa.

Having a less well equipped workshop and relying on basic tools - cordless drill, tape measure, angle grinder, dremel, files - I found this took longer than perhaps expected.  Probably 3+ hours though I wasn't really clock watching.  I got the hole measurement within about 1mm, but needed a little hand filing of the holes to get it to fit.  A 22mm round bar was a tight but ultimately easy fit.

I also plan to do this...had an interim oil change + MOT this week and took the opportunity to take a look at precisely where the brace might fit whilst the car was on the ramp.

Grateful if someone could post the precise measurements in mm between the two holes - centre to centre - last measurements I recall was 22.25 inch minus 3mm ?

46 minutes ago, rifraf said:

I also plan to do this...had an interim oil change + MOT this week and took the opportunity to take a look at precisely where the brace might fit whilst the car was on the ramp.

Grateful if someone could post the precise measurements in mm between the two holes - centre to centre - last measurements I recall was 22.25 inch minus 3mm ?

My car was spot on to this. Which was 562.15mm. The car was on its wheels when measured. HTH.

Archived