Touch up for Porsche colours

runner

Hi all,

As the actual Porsche touch up pens for stone chips is pretty much rubbish (in my experience it's not even a close resemblance/match to the original car colour, I have a white carrara coloured Boxster)  ... just wondered if anyone has used anything else over the years, from an alternative source, that provided a better outcome ? 

EBayer I think called Fiona McGowan in Enniskillen NI. 

EBay search "pen colour touch in COLOUR HERE"..... find the trader in Enniskillen..... Best touch in colour I've ever used.... plus base colour and laquer all in one 50ml pot for a few quid.

(No connection btw).

I’ve used Dr Colorchip on my solid white, pretty good colour match as far as I’m concerned. Even though I know the chips are there, I still have to look close to find them.

I think it’s pot luck to be honest.  In my case the OEM Porsche Sapphire Blue touch up is a pretty good match and I know a couple of Dr Colourchip users with a poor match ( but generally they seem to have a pretty good rep).

I've used carpaintrepair.co.uk...good match but separate pots of base and lacquer. After recommendation from another forum member just bought a one pot touch up from xtreme auto which is half the price but haven't had chance to try it yet. 

I think it is pot luck ... I agree, but the touch up from OEM Porsche was truly awful ... I took it back and pointed it out on the car and even they agreed, it's not a good match ? ... not helpful, but at least honest ... 

Archived