Coil packs.......

Bravestarr

Hi Folks,

My 987.1 was in for it's annual service yesterday. Damage was new front discs and pads, coil packs all round, new condensers and a couple of tie rods at the front.

Driving home last night it was a car transformed. Steering was super smooth and direct, the aircon works but most impressively the pick up was absolutely transformed. The throttle needed a much lighter touch. At first I thought that there was an issue with the sport button. It felt like it as on but the button was not illuminated. Then when I tried the sport button the smile factor went up even more. The brakes are great too. I'd never been too keen on them before, the power was always there but they needed a hefty prompt to work. The pedal is now much firmer and they need a fraction of the force that I'd been putting in before.

I hated spending all of the cash but the result has been worth it.

Kevin

6 hours ago, Bravestarr said:

Hi Folks,

My 987.1 was in for it's annual service yesterday. Damage was new front discs and pads, coil packs all round, new condensers and a couple of tie rods at the front.

Driving home last night it was a car transformed. Steering was super smooth and direct, the aircon works but most impressively the pick up was absolutely transformed. The throttle needed a much lighter touch. At first I thought that there was an issue with the sport button. It felt like it as on but the button was not illuminated. Then when I tried the sport button the smile factor went up even more. The brakes are great too. I'd never been too keen on them before, the power was always there but they needed a hefty prompt to work. The pedal is now much firmer and they need a fraction of the force that I'd been putting in before.

I hated spending all of the cash but the result has been worth it.

Kevin

Sounds like a grand result, possibly just a shame you could not do that work yourself,would have saved a lot... or was it you can and time restraints needed for daily drive?

12 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Sounds like a grand result, possibly just a shame you could not do that work yourself,would have saved a lot... or was it you can and time restraints needed for daily drive?

My skills with a spanner started and ended with meccano. I usually get there in the end but I manage to find every pitfall along the way.

Got Bosch plugs and Beru coil packs in my basket with ECP at £280, thats obviously fitting myself. 

FWIW, Was told by a reliable source to avoid NGK plugs, dont work well with Porsche's.

6 hours ago, detail1 said:

Got Bosch plugs and Beru coil packs in my basket with ECP at £280, thats obviously fitting myself. 

FWIW, Was told by a reliable source to avoid NGK plugs, dont work well with Porsche's.

Try carpartsforless - same items come to £208 once you use their current 17% discount. 

1 hour ago, Jonners said:

Try carpartsforless - same items come to £208 once you use their current 17% discount. 

Thanks for the heads-up, about a week or so ago they were dearer, suppose the discounts keeping changing.

Archived