‘ADS’

SteveEu

I went to get the tracking checked at Euromaster today and their machine had three options for the Boxster as follows: Standard, ADS or Excluding ADS. All had different setting parameters. I have a 987.1 3.4S 20008. Is that a ‘Standard’? What is ADS?

I should have said when they tested with their test unit configured for ‘Standard’ Boxster 2004-11 it said only my front wheel tracking was out. When they set it to ‘Boxster ADS 2004-11’ or ‘Boxster Excludung ADS’ it said tracking on all four wheels were out and gave different target setting ranges for all four wheels. I decided to tell him to use the Standard setting but want to know which was correct for my 987.1 3.4 S 2008

Not sure what I would trust there. Their machine appears to have configurations for cars/options that don’t exist (at least not using the same terminology). 

I agree with Richards guess that’s it’s probably pasm related but I don’t get what the difference between standard and “excluding ads” would be. 

I don’t have them to hand but I am sure you could find standard geometry settings for your car and see what ones match in there config. 

Thats probably a good thing for anyone to know before going to get an alignment done. 

I am going to go hunt mine down. If I find a good resource for the info will post the link here. 

Archived