Alarm trouble

grommett

This evening the alarm keeps going off.  Anything from a few minutes to nearly two hours between the alarm going off.  It has been raining a lot but carpets under seats are all dry.  It hadn’t been used for nearly 2 weeks so I took it for a little drive to make sure the battery is ok.  It started without problem and drove fine.  For now I have had to leave it unlocked.

I would really appreciate some pointers.

cheers.

Start by turning the alarm on whilst deactivating the interior sensors (double click of fob resulting in one long flash of indicators) it this eliminates problem then you’ve either got a flying insect inside or an interior sensor issue. If no change at least you’ve eliminated that scenario.

7 hours ago, Greenman said:

Start by turning the alarm on whilst deactivating the interior sensors (double click of fob resulting in one long flash of indicators) it this eliminates problem then you’ve either got a flying insect inside or an interior sensor issue. If no change at least you’ve eliminated that scenario.

I’ve tried this and still no difference. 

Hi greenman

its a bit weird. I left the car unlocked overnight.  This morning I locked it again and the alarm didn’t go off all day.  I will just have to keep an eye on it for now.  Got a CTEK on my 3.2, will try that if it happens again.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:17 AM, grommett said:

It has been raining a lot but carpets under seats are all dry.

Has that design flaw of the 986 been continued all through to the 981? Is the ACU still there?

22 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Has that design flaw of the 986 been continued all through to the 981? Is the ACU still there?

No, I think they moved it or combined it with another unit for the 987 on.

6 hours ago, Nobbie said:

No, I think they moved it or combined it with another unit for the 987 on.

Under passenger seat in my old 987, not sure about the 981.  Saturday night it was going off between every 10 and 90 minutes. Didn’t go off all day Sunday, went off once this afternoon, weather was dry.

Archived