Brake lights constantly on and condensation in boot

the baron

So had a few cars flash me tonight, when i stopped i checked the rear and noticed the brake lights are on all the time, i can switch the lights on and off and it makes no difference.

I also noticed that there was condensation on the inside of the boot lid, not in the Oil/water bit just the rest of the boot lid

Are they related?

I will lift the carpet in the morning to see if there is any water there.

Any ideas?

38 minutes ago, golfprorich said:

Pedal switch stuck most likely. Part number is  99661311302 if you need to replace but try freeing it up first.

I very much doubt the condensation has anything to do with it :) 

Thanks will at that this morning.

Ive wiggled the brake pedal a bit and it seems to be ok now so will keep my eye on that

Bad news is the condensation is coming from what i think is a cracked expansion tank, have a very small amount of coolant in the boot so its on its way out.(I changed the expansion tank cap out a few years ago so its not that)

I might give Rav a PM as i know he changed his out recently see if he wants to come over one day 😂 

9 minutes ago, the baron said:

Ive wiggled the brake pedal a bit and it seems to be ok now so will keep my eye on that

Bad news is the condensation is coming from what i think is a cracked expansion tank, have a very small amount of coolant in the boot so its on its way out.(I changed the expansion tank cap out a few years ago so its not that)

I might give Rav a PM as i know he changed his out recently see if he wants to come over one day 😂 

Glad that is sorted :)

I'm sure @Rav will pop over in his lunch break and get it done with time spare for a sandwich :laugh:

1 hour ago, Rav said:

Happy to help - however i can. The skin on my knuckles has just grown back! 

Thanks for the PM, Ive asked Lee from Cotswold Porsche for a quote, but would like to tackle this myself if possible and thanks RAV for your offer of help, much appreciated, I ll try and ensure its my skin left on the pointy bits rather than your if tackled at home.

Quick update, Rav has very kindly offered to help swap this over at his friends garage who’s a mechanic who will also be on hand to help.

Bits ordered from OPC Swindon so looking forward to getting stuck into this tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, uggski said:

How much skin did you lose?

None, neither did Rav or Justin, who’s help was invaluable, couldn’t of done it with them and the use of the garage, took about 2 half hours with the right tools.

Big thanks guys

To be honest I don’t think I would do it justice as there are loads of write ups plus the Boxster 101 projects book is an excellent guide that say it all better than I could, but very happy to answer any questions and help were I can.

It was great to work with you Stephen. Your car is a very nice example!

Justin and I are happy to help anyone with this problem. I think we could swap one out in a couple of hours next time.

Archived